The Systems Software Quality Assurance Analyst carries out procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet minimum organization standards and end-user requirements. The position is responsible for the thorough testing of all software applications, and systems to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects. This position plans, designs, architects, and deploys effective testing for in-house product development, software application development, information system launches, and operations systems enhancements. The position documents, reports, and works to resolve all problems. The position devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations; performs work flow analysis and recommends quality improvements. This position manages testing efforts for small to medium projects and large enhancement projects with multiple team members. This position assists in the creation, set up and maintenance of environments and data for use in testing. Work is performed with considerable independent judgment and initiative.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Ensures that testing activities will allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues. Ensures and verifies that test schedules and plans are followed and executed properly. Communicates test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management. Ensure all impacted organizations are coordinated with and represented.
- Negotiates with vendors concerning software / hardware matters of feature functionality and delivery. Reviews software / vendor documentation to ensure feature functionality requirements are delivered. Ensures that any new software integration into District’s systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Evaluates, plans, designs, develops, and deploys testing techniques for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
- Creates and executes test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will determine optimal system performance according to specifications.
- Develops test plans and test complex new feature functionality which provides new products and services, and includes items which enhance systems flexibility, reliability and maintainability. Develops and implements new test cases for feature validation.
- Develops, distributes, and coordinates in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
- Provides technical leadership in response to user requests and in the resolution of issues and problems.
- Performs code migration versioning and standards verification in the testing environment.
- Conducts all types of application testing as needed, such as system, unit, regression, load, user and acceptance testing methods. Disseminate knowledge of application-testing best practices.
- Manages complex software patch testing and applications, and performs complex integration and regression testing on new software.
- Analyzes formal test results in order to discover and resolve defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Analyzes documentation and technical specifications of any new application or systems under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Collaborates with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs, systems and applications.
- Reviews and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develops testing strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Contributes to pre-testing phase of project development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Produces reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging, and tracking.
- Works with network administrators, systems administrators and software engineers to assist with quality assurance and data processing.
- Creates positive experiences for library patrons by effectively and efficiently performing job tasks; presents a positive image of the library in attitude, communications and appearance while performing duties in and for the District.
- Two (2) years direct experience in software and systems quality assurance is required.
- Proven experience in the design, development, and implementation of software and systems testing solutions. Knowledge of continuous integration software tools and techniques is preferred.
- Must have strong knowledge of system testing and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies. Must have strong knowledge of user experience testing and usability techniques.
- Extensive experience with core software applications, including MS Office 2010, Visio is required.
- Direct hands-on experience with automated testing tools is required.
- Must be technically proficient in programming languages, including PHP, .NET.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including windows 7, Windows 8, Linux, MAC OS X, and Windows Server 2008 is required.
- Must have working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including TCP/IP, 802.11x, QoS, SSH, Telnet, FTP/SFTP, HHTP/HTTPS, SMTP, SSL, POP and OSI protocols.
- Must have project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures. Must be able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is required.
- Must have proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws is required.
- Must be self-motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented, with excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language. Must have the ability to learn and become proficient in skills, functions and technology required to perform job duties, working effectively independently or in a team-oriented, collaborative environment to complete tasks.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or a computer related field.
- Experience: Five (5) years’ work experience with testing, user experience and quality assurance.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:DouglasCountyLibraries.org