Schedule: Full-time, 11-month, tenure-track with faculty rank
- MLS degree or equivalent from ALA-accredited library school.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, including demonstrated competence with Microsoft Office and Web 2.0. Familiarity with integrated library systems (preferably Innovative or Evergreen) and library databases.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule as required.
- Experience in electronic resources, serials, emerging technologies, or technical services preferred. The ideal candidate will have background in one or more of the following: literature, education, religion, theology, or philosophy. Individual will exhibit a life and service that is in full accord with the Spring Arbor University concept and community covenant.
This position works with the faculty librarians to coordinate reference, instruction, and information literacy assistance to students and faculty, and integrates technologies such as social networking, virtual reference, mobile technologies, & other Web 2.0 applications to support instructional and research activities.
Starting Date: Summer 2013
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and will be accepted until position is filled.
Basic Requirement: Applicants must be thoroughly supportive of the University's mission and values as an evangelical Christian university affiliated with the Free Methodist Church.
Process: Applications can be downloaded from our website at www.arbor.edu/jobs.
Please forward faculty application, vitae with a letter of interest to:Academic Affairs,
Spring Arbor University
106 E. Main St.
Spring Arbor, MI 49283-9799
1.800.968.9103 ext. 1356 or
An EEO Employer.