Reference and Instruction Librarian (50% time position)
Thomas J. Long Business Library
University of California, Berkeley
Hiring Range: Assistant Librarian I - Associate Librarian IV
$1923.50 - $2354 per month, depending upon qualifications
This is a one-year temporary, half-time position available starting July 2011.
This half-time position reports to the Acting Head of the Long Business Library. The Reference and Instruction Librarian will:
- Provide reference and instruction services for students and faculty in the Haas School of Business.
- Develop course guides for undergraduate and MBA courses.
- Participate in collection development activities of the library, including selection of print and digital resources.
UC Berkeley librarians are expected to participate in library-wide planning and governance, to work effectively in a shared decision-making environment and to be active professionally. The successful candidate will show promise or evidence of such contributions.
- MLIS or equivalent degree from an ALA-accredited library school.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills. Willingness to work in a team environment under the direction of the acting head librarian.
- Evidence of both professional initiative and flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collegially with a diverse population.
- Experience providing reference service.
- Experience creating instructional and information materials.
- Experience teaching library instruction classes in an academic environment.
- Familiarity with business databases, including numerical products such as Datastream, SDC Platinum, WRDS, etc.
Professional librarians at UC are academic appointees and are represented by an exclusive bargaining agent, University Council – American Federation of Teachers (UC-AFT). This position is in the bargaining unit.
DEADLINE: Consideration will be given to applications received by June 20, 2011.
For the complete position announcement and how to apply, please visit http://apptrkr.com/191344
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer