Lila D. Bunch Library of Belmont University is seeking applications for a 12 month non-tenured faculty rank position to join the library’s reference and instruction team. We seek a creative information professional who will help us reach our goal of transforming the library into a learning commons by providing innovative solutions, especially in the areas of information literacy, marketing, outreach, and technology.
Job responsibilities include working as a team member to plan and support Bunch Library’s campus-wide information literacy program and to support the university’s learning goals by
- Developing, teaching, and assessing information literacy sessions for targeted general education courses
- Coordinating instruction for First Year Writing and Third Year Writing as part of the larger information literacy plan
- Serving as library liaison to several departments, collaborating with faculty to promote course-integrated collections and instruction
- Providing one-on-one research assistance at the reference desk, in person and virtually (including night and Saturday rotations)
- Providing leadership and assistance in identifying and achieving strategic goals relating to the reference and instruction unit and to Bunch Library’s vision to become a learning commons
- Coordinating marketing and outreach efforts, including the use of social media, to creatively and effectively communicate library services and resources
- Participating in professional development activities, including serving on campus committees
- Performing other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications : An ALA-accredited Masters Degree; an understanding of current issues in academic libraries; knowledge of trends and practices in public services; demonstrated experience developing and teaching information literacy sessions in an academic setting using innovative methods and instructional technologies; demonstrated knowledge of technology trends, standards, and issues in academic libraries and higher education. Preference will be given to candidates with at least three years experience. A second masters degree in a subject field is desirable.
Rank and Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits.
Belmont University: A comprehensive, coeducational university of approximately 6,000 students located in Nashville, TN, Belmont is a student-centered, teaching university focusing on academic excellence. The university is dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds an academically challenging education in a Christian community of learning and service. Belmont is an EOE/AA employer under all applicable civil rights laws. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Full job description and application instructions at jobs.belmont.edu