Employer: Middle East Broadcasting Networks
Location: Springfield, Virginia
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 years
Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc., (MBN), a non-profit news and information based satellite television and radio network broadcasting in Arabic to the Middle East and Europe, seeks a highly motivated professional with 5+ years management experience in a Media Asset Management Library within the broadcast industry.
As the senior digital archivist, this position is responsible for MBN’s Media Asset Management (MAM) Library.
- Manage the daily operation of the Media Asset Library, its resources and staff.
- Facilitate MBN’s day of production needs.
- Design and maintain storage and retrieval systems to include archiving, logging, and repurposing of MBN’s digital assets.
- Integrate industry best practices into MAM Library.
- Quality assurance of assets – ensure assets are “archival quality”.
- Design and manage asset metadata.- Online / Nearline / Offline / Delete decisions – retention and deletion decisions of digital assets.
- Enhance MAM performance by identifying new products / solutions that enhance / streamline functionality.
- Provide recommendations concerning Cinegy, ScheduALL and other tools used by MAM Library.
- With IT, design and implement storage solutions.
- Work with managers to create effective workflows.
- Provide archival guidance to production personnel.
- Ensure training of library personnel in all aspects of MAM protocol.
Experience with Cinegy or other automated digital playout system as well as with program licensing and acquisition software is essential. Individual must be highly detail oriented, and be able to work effectively with all levels of management. Strong computer and database skills are necessary. Must be able to accommodate flexible work schedule to support 24/7 news broadcasting environment. This position works directly with MBN’s Editorial Staff, Production and Broadcast Operations, Programming and Promotions.
Please forward your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com.
MBN is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.