LIBRARY CATALOGER [#C08-043]
Central Connecticut State University seeks qualified applicants for the position of Cataloger. Appointment will be made at the Assistant Librarian level and is a 12-month, tenure-track, position.
The Assistant Librarian will work cooperatively with other members of the Cataloging Department including two full-time librarians and one support staff member. The Department is a member of the Program for Cooperative Cataloging and contributes to NACO. The cataloging utility is OCLC and the Library's integrated system is Innovative Interfaces, Inc.
- Provides original and complex copy cataloging of library materials in all formats and subjects
- Creates and submits authority records to the national authority file according to NACO standards
- Participates in shared authority work and database maintenance in CONSULS, the online catalog of the Connecticut State University system
- Assists in documenting, revising, and introducing departmental policies and procedures - Participates in collection development in specific subject area(s)
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 2 years professional experience in cataloging on OCLC
- At least 2 years professional experience in cataloging audiovisual materials
- Knowledge of current cataloging rules and standards, including AACR2r, LCRI's, MARC21, and LCSH
- Experience with LC and Dewey Decimal classification systems- Reading knowledge of at least one European language
- Cataloging experience in an academic library
- Experience in cataloging with Innovative Interfaces Millennium
- Experience with web-based cataloging tools - Cataloger's Desktop and Classweb
- Experience in NACO procedures- Knowledge of current trends and developments in cataloging, including metadata standards
Minimum starting salary is $48,958, and is commensurate with qualifications. To apply, send a letter of application, vita and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three professional references to: Jeanne Sohn, Director of Library Services, CCSU, 1615 Stanley Street, New Britain CT 06050. Review of applications will begin immediately and will remain open until filled.