The ideal candidate will:
- Assume a leadership role within the College;
- Lead and conduct high impact research that shapes the information field;
- Demonstrate exemplary and innovative teaching;
- Possess a demonstrated record of publications and presentations or the potential for demonstrating excellence in these areas;
- Exhibit evidence of relevant and effective professional service; and
- Work comfortably within an interdisciplinary environment within the College, the University and the broader community.
Appointments are for nine months with opportunities for grant-funded summer research and/or summer teaching.
Qualifications. Ph.D. in an appropriate field.
Application Submission. For best consideration, submit applications prior to December 1, 2007. The position is expected to be filled no later than August 2008. Send application materials, including a CV, a letter of interest that clearly describes your primary area(s) of expertise and the specific contributions that you would make to the College, and a statement that outlines your research and teaching interests, by email to: email@example.com. Applications also may be mailed to Archives Search, College of Information Studies, 4105 Hornbake Building, South Wing, College Park, MD 20742-4345.
For additional information, consult the College’s web site at http://www.clis.umd.edu.
The University of Maryland is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.