Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Director of Libraries Department: Drake Memorial Library
Brief Description of Duties:
The Director of Library Services provides innovative and energetic vision, leadership and direction in the ongoing transformation and development of the Library as a center for learning, teaching, and scholarship. The Director oversees all Library operations, as well as planning, budgeting, development and administration, for ensuring quality services to the College community. The Director will collaborate closely with Information Technology Services and other partners to develop innovative, effective programs in support of teaching and learning. The Director will help lead our efforts to integrate library services, current and emerging information technologies, and information services. The Director works in consultation with various constituent groups, and will advocate for the Library both internally and externally. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills and the ability to work collegially and effectively with constituents in a culturally diverse environment.
This title is in the unclassified service and is designated Managerial/Confidential. Appointees to Managerial/Confidential titles serve at the pleasure of the College President and are not represented for collective negotiations.
• Master of Library Science or equivalent advanced degree in library or information management
• A record of successful senior level leadership in an academic library, including fiscal and personnel management.
• Evidence of successful experience in the development, implementation, and assessment of library programs.
• Significant knowledge of and experience with current library technologies and mainstream information technologies.
• Credentials necessary to qualify for the academic rank of Associate Librarian at SUNY Brockport
• Experience with collaborative/joint library or college ventures or agreements
• Experience establishing collection development priorities
• Experience in library renovation projects.
• Postgraduate degree in another subject area.
• Supervisory experience within a collective bargaining environment.
• Demonstrated success in grant writing and external fund raising
Local Title: Director of Library Services Fill Date: ASAP
Apply online at: http://www.brockportrecruit.org. Online submittal of cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references required.
Review begins December 1, 2007. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Nominated individuals will be invited to apply. For further information call: 585/395-2109
To learn more about SUNY Brockport visit our Website at: http://www.brockport.eduFor more information about Drake Memorial Library see: http://www.brockport.edu/library/
State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer