- Reporting to the Team Leader, the Catalog/Metadata Librarian will work with team members to:
- Define, create and coordinate appropriate descriptive and subject access to the Libraries’ resources, performs original and complex copy cataloging and classification;
- Collaborate with MARC and non-MARC metadata creators on the team and throughout the UWM Libraries to ensure uniform application of standards for resource description, and provide interpretations of developments as they evolve;
- Assist with the application and interpretation of appropriate metadata schema to the Libraries’ resources;
- Maintain knowledge of current issues and trends in national and international resource description standards and emerging technologies, and is expected to participate and contribute to the profession;
- Participate in the documentation and implementation of local policies and procedures for resource description, and contribute to project management and planning cataloging and processing workflow;
- Participate in the training and supervision of interns, fieldworkers and student employees.
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science, or the equivalent from an ALA-accredited program
- Evidence of subject background and/or relevant experience in sciences, social sciences, or engineering
- Evidence of experience with or knowledge of data management and curation
- Demonstrated understanding of developments and trends in data services and tools
- Evidence of excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Advanced degree in sciences, social sciences, or engineering
- Experience with geospatial data
- Demonstrated understanding of metadata standards
- Demonstrated proficiency with current statistical packages
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact and work with diverse groups, including colleagues, faculty and students in collaborative and team environments
Applicants must submit a letter of application, a current resume, transcripts, and names/addresses of three current professional references.
Apply at - https://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/15090
Applications must be received on or before 8-4-13.
Questions may be addressed to Craig Wesley, 414-229-6201 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact email@example.com or 414-229-4463. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
UWM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Employment will require a criminal background check. For the UWM Campus Security Report see http://www.cleryact.uwm.edu