- A master’s degree in library/information science from an ALA-accredited program.
- At least one year of work experience with the Innovative Interfaces Millennium system, with broad knowledge of its modules and features.
- Professional library cataloging experience.
- Knowledge of classification schedules and subject headings, bibliographic utilities, and current cataloging rules.
- Strong technical, analytical, problem-solving, and trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects collaboratively and independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to train people with varying skill levels and to prepare clear and effective written documentation.
- Ability to meet performance guidelines established for librarians.
- Commitment to continuous improvement, best practices, and innovation in library services.
- Flexibility in covering reference desk and instruction schedules.
- Academic library work experience.
- Knowledge of Dewey classification.
- Reference service and information literacy instruction experience.
- Web design experience and knowledge of scripting languages.
AppointmentThis is a12-month position. A successful candidate with a second master’s degree may choose a tenure-track appointment. Those with a single master’s will receive an administrative appointment. Strong benefits package including four weeks vacation and tuition benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
Curtin Memorial Library at Mount Saint Mary College
Curtin Memorial Library is a learning-centered organization of five librarians and seven support staff whose focus is connecting students and faculty with today’s extensive and complex information resources. Teaching and personal service are central to the library mission. Mount Saint Mary College is an independent, co-educational, comprehensive liberal arts institution located along the scenic Hudson River in historic Newburgh, about 60 miles north of New York City. The college enrolls approximately 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students. Mount Saint Mary College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to a diverse campus community.
Submit a letter of application, a resume or curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information for at least three professional references to:
Barbara Whitney Petruzzelli
Curtin Memorial Library
Mount Saint Mary College
330 Powell Avenue
Newburgh, NY 12550
Review begins immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Persons selected for an on-campus interview will be expected to make a 15-minute presentation to the search committee and library staff members on a facet of an integrated library management system or on an electronic research tool (e.g., research database, OPAC, ILS module, etc.)