OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc. is a nonprofit, membership, computer library service and research organization dedicated to the public purposes of furthering access to the world's information and reducing information costs. Tens of thousands of libraries around the world use OCLC services to locate, acquire, catalog, lend and preserve library materials. We are currently seeking a Metadata Specialist II at our Corporate Headquarters located in Dublin, Ohio.
Independently creating complex metadata for both book and non-book titles in English, German, French and/or Spanish, following descriptive cataloging rules according to AACR2 and the Library of Congress Rule Interpretations, assigning subject headings, assigning Dewey, NLM, or LC call numbers.
Meeting daily and monthly production goals in a cost-effective manner and meeting tight contractual deadlines on a monthly basis.
- 3 years of experience as a Metadata Specialist I OR ALA-accredited MLS
- Ability to proficiently read and catalog in German, French or Spanish
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work effectively with other department staff and with clients
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of current cataloging practices, and the OCLC-MARC formats
- Experience in the original creation of metadata for books and non-books formats
- Experience assigning call numbers and subject headings in at least one scheme
In order to be considered for this position, you must go to the OCLC Career Center (Internet) and apply towards Job ID 1475, Metadata Specialist II.
OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OCLC maintains an ongoing commitment to equal opportunity and affirmative action, and seeks to sustain a diverse workplace.