SCIENCE REFERENCE SERVICES LIBRARIAN: The person in this position is responsible for providing information, reference and research assistance; selecting and evaluating library collections in assigned subject areas; developing and delivering instructional programs; implementing library outreach; participating in library-wide planning and development; and contributing to the library profession.
- ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS degree
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Initiative, flexibility, creativity, productivity and the ability to work effectively with users and colleagues
- Evidence of effective communication, public speaking, teaching, writing and analytical skills
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills
- Strong technology skills and experience with web-based communication and social media tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital production tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Audacity, Camtasia)
- Extensive knowledge of academic electronic information resources
- Evidence of potential to maintain an ongoing program of skill enhancement, scholarship, and professional development
- Experience providing reference services
- Teaching experience, including experience in instructional design
- Evidence of initiative and innovation in delivering library services
- Experience or coursework in the sciences
- Experience as a project manager
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Minimum $49,000. Excellent benefits package.
Old Dominion University is a metropolitan state-supported institution with enrollment of 24,400, a leader in distance learning, and a Carnegie Extensive Doctoral/Research University. The campus is located in the historic port city of Norfolk, VA. Position announcement and description are available at http://www.lib.odu.edu/aboutthelibraries/employment.htm. For campus information, check http://www.odu.edu.
Screening of applicants will begin November 1, 2013 and continue until the position is filled.
CONTACT: Send a letter of application, resume, and the names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three professional references to: Nicole Justice, Search Committee for Science Reference Services Librarian, Perry Library, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA 23529-0256 firstname.lastname@example.org, (757) 683-4141.
Old Dominion University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and requires compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.