The ideal candidate will have the ability to successfully fulfill these responsibilities:
- Lead and conduct cutting edge, high impact research that shapes the information field;
- Engage in exemplary and innovative teaching within one or more of our educational programs, primarily in the Master of Library Science program and secondarily within one or more of the iSchool’s other educational programs;
- Undertake relevant and effective professional service; and
- Thrive in an interdisciplinary environment within the iSchool, University, and broader community.
Areas of interest include:
- Information Organization
- Digital libraries
- Digital library technologies, including mobile applications
- Linked data
Qualifications. Ph.D. or equivalent degree in a related area; demonstrated record of research accomplishments or demonstrated potential for research excellence as appropriate to rank; demonstrated record of attracting outside funding or demonstrated potential for attracting funding as appropriate to rank; and evidence of effective and innovative teaching.
Application Submission. For best consideration, submit application by November 15, 2013. Application materials, including a CV, a letter of interest that clearly describes your primary area(s) of expertise and the specific contributions that you would make to the iSchool, and separate statements that outline your research and teaching interests, must be submitted electronically through the University of Maryland online system at https://ejobs.umd.edu/. (Position # 119626)
The University of Maryland is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.