CITY OF SAN ANTONIO JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
111 Plaza de Armas San Antonio, Texas 78205
Phone No. (210)207-8108
Apply on-line at www.sanantonio.gov/hr
Job Number / Title: 0956-LIBRARIAN III
Salary: $42,345.29 - $63,517.93 / Annually
Date Posted: 10/13/2008 FLSA Status: Exempt
Under general supervision, is responsible for the operation of a branch library, central library section/department, a technical services section or coordination of a system wide library program. As Manager of one of San Antonio Public Library's twenty-three branch libraries, this position will supervise staff and be responsible for the operation of a branch library, ensuring that library patrons receive the information and library materials they need. Exercises direct supervision over lower level Librarians and assigned support staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Leads branch staff in providing excellent library service
- Directs the overall operation of the branch
- Formulates goals, policies, plans, and procedures for assigned area of responsibility
- Selects, supervises, trains, monitors, and coaches branch employees
- Directs, coordinates, and schedules the activities of branch library
- Monitors and evaluates the work of assigned staff
- Maintains the branch's collection of library materials
- Maintains work records and prepares reports
- Participates in library committee work
- Monitors and evaluates all library services
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required
Master's Degree in Library Science from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited university; Three years experience as a professional librarian; One year in a supervisory capacity; Substitution Ratio: No substitution for education allowed; Any applicant selected for this position must have a background check completed with results satisfactory to the City of San Antonio and Certification Training;
ANY APPLICANT SELECTED FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH THE CITY OF SAN ANTONIO WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TESTING. FULL COMPLETION OF PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TESTING WITH A VERIFIED NEGATIVE RESULT IS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
Possess a valid Class "C" Texas Driver's License or obtain a valid Class
"C" Texas Driver's License within thirty (30) days after becoming a resident of the State of Texas; Use of your own personal vehicle may at times be required and proof of liability insurance will be required; Dedicated to the idea of public access to information; Shows initiative in planning relevant library services; Enjoys working as part of a team; Provides leadership and direction to branch staff; Provides a creative approach to problem-solving.
Contact Rita Aguilar (207-8108), for further information.
The City of San Antonio is an Equal Opportunity Employer