FIT/Gladys Marcus Library
Head of Research and Instructional Services
The Fashion Institute of Technology seeks a creative and dynamic librarian with strong leadership and customer service skills for the position of Head of Research and Instructional Services for the FIT Gladys Marcus Library. We are seeking a candidate who will develop innovative library outreach services and will integrate current and emerging technologies in all research and instructional services. This senior position will lead instruction, reference and research services, user education, and outreach.
- ALA-accredited MLS and two years of management experience in academic library reference and instruction
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm for an evolving environment
- Proven leadership abilities and effective communication skills
- Experience with supervising and evaluating personnel
- Knowledge of information literacy concepts, trends, and standards
- Familiarity with a variety of teaching concepts, learning styles, and instructional technologies to enhance all forms of library instruction, services, and assessment
- Commitment to communicating effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should forward a letter of interest, resume and names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references to: Human Resources, FIT, Seventh Avenue at 27th Street, New York City 10001-5992 or e-mail to email@example.com. Electronic submission is preferred. Successful completion of an on-campus interview, including a presentation on a relevant topic, to be determined by the search committee, is also required. You may view a complete job description at www.fitnyc.edu/jobs.