Boise State University seeks proactive and innovative librarians, to become a part of our team to continue our quest toward becoming a Metropolitan Research University of Distinction. The Reference Librarian positions will provide reference services; participate in collection development as the liaison to academic departments; and have responsibility for bibliographic instruction and orientation sessions
· outreach to faculty and students
· participation in general instruction and reference activities
· occasional late evening and rotating weekend reference desk duty
· Masters Degree from an ALA accredited program;
· good communication skills;
· the ability to build and maintain positive collaborative relationships with library and university faculty and staff.
· Degree, significant coursework, or extensive knowledge and background in chemistry, physics, mathematics, business, or other departmental liaison subject areas needed by the Library at the time of candidate review;
· evidence of innovative instruction and teaching;
· experience supporting the research needs of faculty;
· knowledge of and experience with web design and web services applications.
Salary and benefits: Salary based on qualifications. Minimum $42,000. Comprehensive benefit package. This is a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track position with faculty status and academic rank. Appointment is anticipated at the Assistant Professor rank, but candidates with additional experience may be considered for an appointment at the rank of Associate Professor.
If you are interested in this position: Please email your resume, letter of application, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references to (email submissions preferred) Jaque Johnson at email@example.com, Search # AA-0004-89 or mail to:
Boise State University
Search # AA-0004-89
1910 University Dr.
Boise, ID 83725-1430
Review of submitted applications will begin December 15, 2008. Applications received after this date may be considered if the position is not filled from the initial applicant pool.
About the University: http://www.boisestate.edu/
About the City of Boise: http://www.boisechamber.org/
Boise State University is strongly committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The University actively encourages applications and nominations of women, persons of color, and members of other underrepresented groups. EEO/AA Institution, Veterans preference.About the Department: http://library.boisestate.edu/