Contra Costa County Library, California
Monthly Salary Range $4518 - $5770
(plus a generous benefits package)
The Contra Costa County Library’s strategic plan emphasizes collaboration building and the delivery of services out in communities. To move the strategic plan forward, the Library seeks a Library Specialist-Outreach Services (32 hours/week) to assist community library staff and lead staff teams in the development of such services, focusing on but not limited to schools and underserved populations. The Library Specialist—Outreach Services will act as a specialist in building collaboration between Contra Costa County libraries and civic and community organizations, developing and maintaining responsive outreach services to targeted populations; and assisting in the implementation of a marketing plan for the library.
To arrange for an informational interview at the PLA Conference, call (925) 864-7404 between March 25-29, 2008.
Duties associated with this responsibility include, but are not limited to:
· Conducts outreach activities that promote the library’s strategic initiatives, particularly focusing on but not limited to outreach services in multicultural communities countywide.
· Prepares presentations, promotional kits, and support materials to be used in outreach activities to multicultural populations and other groups to be conducted by community library staff.
· Leads staff groups in developing, organizing, and coordinating programs that deliver responsive outreach services especially to schools and underserved populations in each community library service area.
· Assists community library staff to identify, develop, and maintain collaborations that support library initiatives and insure responsive outreach programs.
· Trains community library managers and staff in collaboration building skills, and outreach services delivery.
· Initiates public speaking opportunities, prepares and delivers presentations that carry forward the library’s strategic initiatives to all age groups and communities, with a special focus on but not limited to multicultural communities, underserved populations, and educational institutions.
· Evaluates and keeps documentation of outreach activities and strategic plan implementation activities to assess future marketing priorities.
The employment list established from this examination may remain in effect for six months.
Requires a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator’s License. Requires possession of a graduate degree from a school of librarianship accredited by the American Library Association, and two (2) years of full-time or its equivalent professional library experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
The application period is OPEN UNTIL FILLED. Applicants are encouraged to apply on-line at www.cccounty.us/depart/hr, or, a completed Contra Costa County employment application and supplemental questionnaire must be received. Resumes may not be substituted for the official application or supplemental questionnaire. Incomplete applications or applications received without a supplemental questionnaire will be disqualified.
For more information contact Janet Hildebrand, Human Resources Manager, Contra Costa County Library, (925) 646-6423, firstname.lastname@example.org