Contra Costa County Library, California
Monthly Salary Range $4518 - $5770
(plus a generous benefits package)
The Contra Costa County Library in Northern California seeks an enthusiastic, collegial, and service-oriented Library Specialist—Emerging Technologies (40 hours/week) to serve as an integral member of a team providing high-quality public library services in an innovate setting. The position will play a lead role in expanding the Library’s outreach through thoughtful and effective use of emerging technologies, such as Web 2.0 applications, and keeping current in the latest developments in library technology. Under the direction of the Information Systems Project Manager, the successful candidate will show creativity, initiative, and flexibility and will work collaboratively within the library, with the public, and in the profession. The Library seeks a team player who will contribute to a technologically dynamic organization and help implement the goals, objectives, and strategies of an ambitious strategic plan.
To arrange for an informational interview at the PLA Conference, call (925) 864-7404 between March 25-29, 2008.
Duties associated with this responsibility include, but are not limited to:
· Develop online readers’ advisory services
· Oversee the transition of first and second tier library reference to online/virtual services
· Plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate projects and activities related to electronic and online reference resources in all formats, including the Library catalog, Internet resources, online library database resources, the Library’s Internet and Intranet presence, and local community information.
· Collaborate with library staff to train library customers in online information seeking
· Participate in the management and maintenance of the content of library Web pages and the staff Intranet
• Collaborate with library staff in the development of service unit, department, or community library web pages, including content development and management
• Increase public awareness and use of the library’s electronic resources and services.
• Assist with collection and delivery of digital resources and services
• Identify, evaluate and initiate 2.0 activities (i.e., flickr, meebo, twitter, blogs, wikis, youtube) for use in library applications
• Create a Virtual Library service plan
• Maintain statistics
The employment list established from this examination may remain in effect for six months.
Requires a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator’s License. Requires possession of a graduate degree from a school of librarianship accredited by the American Library Association, and two (2) years of full-time or its equivalent professional library experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
The application period is OPEN UNTIL FILLED. Applicants are encouraged to apply on-line at www.cccounty.us/depart/hr, or, a completed Contra Costa County employment application and supplemental questionnaire must be received. Resumes may not be substituted for the official application or supplemental questionnaire. Incomplete applications or applications received without a supplemental questionnaire will be disqualified.
For more information contact Janet Hildebrand, Human Resources Manager, Contra Costa County Library, (925) 646-6423, email@example.com