Georgia State University Library seeks an enthusiastic, collegial, self-starter to serve as the manager of the Digital Archive @ Georgia State University, the University’s institutional repository, which highlights the research and scholarly productivity of members of the University community. The University Library administers the archive to collect, organize, disseminate, and preserve the digital scholarly output of Georgia State University faculty, students and staff. The repository is hosted on the Digital Commons platform and currently includes ETDs, conference materials and journals.
The Digital Initiatives Librarian will be responsible for overseeing services related to the Library's institutional repository, including but not limited to:
- Identifying and recruiting new content, and editing existing content as needed
- Developing, implementing and evaluating marketing and promotion efforts
- Providing support for the library’s scholarly communication activities
- Raising awareness of Open Access to the GSU community
- Providing Library and University faculty with information, training and assistance in depositing materials into the Archive, including establishing and maintaining Selected Works author pages
- Analyzing policies, procedures and workflows to insure consistency and accuracy of metadata
- Supporting established institutional repository guidelines, including submission rules and the development of new communities and series
- Creating new guidelines as necessary
This position reports to the Associate Dean for Collections.
For additional information about the Georgia State University Library: http://www.library.gsu.edu
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library and/or Information Science
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with current trends and emerging issues regarding copyright, open access and scholarly communication as they relate to institutional repositories
- Knowledge of current metadata schemas, standards, and digital content management systems
- Coursework or experience resulting in knowledge of principles and practices governing institutional repositories
- Academic library experience
- Experience working directly with faculty at a research university
- Ability to meet requirements for promotion
- Ability to pass a background check
- Experience working with Digital Common
- Project management experience
- Experience developing, implementing and evaluating marketing and promotion efforts
Salary and Rank
Minimum salary of $48,000 for 12 months. Salary is commensurate with the candidate’s education and experience. Appointment at a faculty rank, on a contract renewal basis.
Submit a cover letter addressing the above qualifications; resume; name, address and phone number of three references, including immediate supervisor. Review of materials will begin September 7, 2012 and will continue until the position is filled. Send materials to:
Human Resources Coordinator
Georgia State University
100 Decatur Street, SE, Atlanta, GA 30303-3202
Georgia State University is an equal opportunity educational institution/affirmative action employer strongly committed to cultural diversity.