Digital Access Librarian and Assistant/Associate Professor
Albertsons Library, Boise State University
Albertsons Library, Boise State University, invites applications for a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track Digital Access Librarian and Assistant/Associate Professor position. This experienced and innovative librarian works with the Associate Dean and other unit coordinators to explore new models of access, analyze workflows, and provide services that are responsive to the information needs of the University in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment. The Digital Access Librarian identifies and assists with implementing innovative means for improving the discovery, access, description, and sharing of information, with a focus on digital resources, to the students, faculty, staff and other patrons of Albertsons Library, Boise State University. The Digital Access Librarian reports to the Associate Dean.
· providing leadership and vision in planning and implementing future digital development in the Library
· anticipating future trends in an evolving digital environment
· assisting in developing innovative methods to identify, acquire and share the Library’s resources in all formats with an emphasis on digital resources
· monitoring use statistics and pricing patterns of digital resources to support decision-making
· knowledge of scholarly communication trends
· exploring and implementing emerging technologies and innovative services
· maintaining awareness of emerging trends about digital resources related to academic libraries
· actively contributes to library–wide planning, policy-making, goal-setting and assessment efforts
· participating in reference services
· serving as a liaison to faculty and students in one or more subject areas
· masters degree from an ALA-accredited Library and Information Science program
· minimum 3 years post -ALA accredited degree professional experience in an academic library
· commitment to diversity
· shows initiative, flexibility, creativity, attentiveness to detail, and high productivity
· demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all library staff and to work effectively in a collegial team environment
· experience with implementing mobile and emerging technologies in an academic library
· ability to learn and teach new technologies quickly
· experience with identifying, acquiring and sharing the Library’s resources in all formats with an emphasis on digital resources
· potential to meet all the library faculty requirements for tenure and promotion
Salary and benefits: Salary based on qualifications. Minimum $44,000 with a comprehensive benefit package. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE), 12-month, tenure-track position with faculty status and academic rank. Appointment is anticipated at the Assistant Professor rank, but candidates with additional experience may be considered for an appointment at the rank of Associate Professor.
If interested in this position: Please email your resume, letter of application, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references to Jaque Johnson at email@example.com, Search #AA-0002-12 (email submissions preferred) or mail to:
Boise State University
Search # AA-0002-12
1910 University Dr.
Boise, ID 83725-1430
Review of submitted applications will begin Oct. 26, 2011. Applications received after this date may be considered if the position is not filled from the initial applicant pool.
About Albertsons Library: http://library.boisestate.edu
About Boise State University: http://www.boisestate.edu/
About the City of Boise: http://www.boisechamber.org/
As of August 17, 2009, Boise State University is a smoke free campus.