Acquisitions LibrarianResponsibilities: Reporting to the Dean of Libraries through the Associate Dean for Technical and Automated Services, the Acquisition Librarian will be responsible for a wide range of departmental activities.
- Acquire library materials in all formats for the Adelphi University Libraries.
- Coordinate the daily operations related to ordering, receiving and claiming library materials.
- Monitor expenditures, vendor payments, encumbrances, and status of orders.
- Represent the Libraries’ interests with publishers/vendors.
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of vendor performance.
- Provide supervision and training for Acquisition personnel.
- Work closely with the subject selectors, Collection Development Librarian, Electronic Resources Librarian, Coordinator of Cataloging, Periodicals Manager, and the Associate Deans.
Provision of services at Swirbul Library’s main reference desk including occasional evenings and weekends. Service on University and Library committees. Participation in professional associations and activities. Participation in scholarly activities including research and publishing required for reappointment and tenure.
Qualifications: This is a tenure-track library faculty position. Applicants must hold a master’s degree from an ALA accredited school of library/information science. A second post-baccalaureate degree or similar proof of advanced study is highly preferred and is required for promotion to the rank of Associate Professor and for tenure. Applicants must possess excellent supervisory, interpersonal and communications skills as well as the ability to work effectively in a collegial environment. It is desirable that the successful candidate will have: a) knowledge of the book trade and library vendors; b) previous experience with acquisition operations in an academic environment; c) experience working with Innovative Interfaces or another integrated library system; d) evidence of ability to meet criteria for promotion and tenure.
Work Year: 190 day work year as per the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Application Information: Position available immediately. Please apply online at www.adelphi.edu/positions/faculty Note: Previous applicants need not reapply.
Adelphi University is an AA/EOE Employer.