Job ID: 4859776
Company Name: University of West Florida - UWF
Job Number: 6575b
Position Title: Reference/Instruction Librarian
Location(s): Florida, United States
Posted: October 17, 2008
Industry: Education / Teaching / Administration
Job Function: Other
Entry Level: No
Reference/Instruction Librarian The University of West Florida invites applications for the position of Reference/Instruction Librarian. The University seeks an innovative, creative, enthusiastic, and collegial librarian to provide vision and direction for the Information Literacy and Library Instruction Program.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Specific responsibilities and duties
• Coordinates an information literacy and library instruction program that supports the development, enhancement, and assessment of information literacy skills among students, faculty, and staff
• Teaches library instruction classes
• Provides reference service, including night and weekend duty
• Serves as a subject specialist/faculty liaison in assigned areas of reference including Fine Arts, English and Communication Arts
• Participates in reference collection development in assigned areas• Uses web technology to produce instructional materials
• Participates in professional development activities
• Participates in professional service activities such as state, university and library committees or in local, regional, or national professional organizations
QUALIFICATIONS: Required: MLS, or equivalent, from an ALA-accredited program
Minimum of two years professional library experience with at least one year of experience teaching library instruction classes
Knowledge of ACRL information literacy competency standards
Ability to coordinate and foster a collaborative team working environment
Knowledge of a variety of print and electronic reference sources
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to work independently with commitment and creativity
Basic web development and personal computing skills
Professional experience in an academic library
Project management skills
Experience with providing library services in support of distance and/or online education programs
APPOINTMENT: This is a twelve month non-tenured track position with faculty rank and status. Depending on qualifications, appointment will be at the Assistant or Associate Librarian rank, reporting to the Head of Reference.
BENEFITS: Excellent benefits include 22 days vacation and 13 days sick leave annually, health insurance, state or optional retirement system, and no state or local income taxes. Minimum salary $45,000 commensurate with education and experience.
TO APPLY: Applicants must apply online at https://jobs.uwf.edu Position#105960. The online application requires the attachment of a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. Review of applications will begin on November 10.
The University of West Florida is one of 11 members of the Florida State University System consortium. The John C. Pace library serves over 10,000 students with a collection of 700,000 volumes and extensive electronic access to full-text articles and books. See our home page for additional information: http://library.uwf.edu. This position requires a criminal background screening. Any person requiring special accommodations to respond may contact the UWF ADA Office at 1-850-473-7469 (Voice) or 1-850-857-6114 (TTY).
UWF is an equal opportunity/access/affirmative action employer.