Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan
Oakland University's Kresge Library seeks a creative and energetic librarian to join us in advancing a student-centered information literacy program within a team-oriented, teaching library environment. This librarian will participate in course-integrated and course-related information literacy instruction; reference and research services; and collection development. The design of online instruction, both web-based tutorials and content modules for delivery through learning management systems, will be a strong focus as the library seeks to expand its active online instruction program.
• ALA-accredited MLS degree.
• Strong commitment to information literacy instruction.
• Demonstrated ability to create web-based resources.
• Effective interpersonal, oral, written, and online communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and to work with diverse faculty, staff, and students.
• Potential to meet library's requirements for promotion and tenure, which require research and publication.
• Teaching experience.
• Instructional design experience.
• Experience with assessment of student learning.
• Demonstrated ability to create web-based instructional tools.
• Scholarly publications; participation in professional organizations.
Rank, Salary, Benefits: This is a tenure-track, eight-month, bargaining-unit faculty appointment. Attainment of tenure is dependent upon job performance, scholarship, and service. Appointment may be made at the Assistant Professor or Associate Professor level; professional rank and salary will be determined by credentials and experience, with a minimum salary of $40,000. Oakland University offers excellent fringe benefits including TIAA/CREF and Fidelity retirement plans.
General Information: Oakland is a state-assisted institution with an enrollment of approximately 19,000 students and a Carnegie classification as a “doctoral/research university.” OU offers an array of academic and professional programs at the baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral levels. The University is in Oakland County, which features beautiful state parks and vibrant urban communities. It is located 25 miles north of Detroit in the city of Rochester, recently ranked by CNN/Money as one of the 100 best places to live in the U.S., and features a campus that includes 1,441 acres of wooded hills and meadows. For more information, see the Oakland University web site at http://www.oakland.edu.
Applications: Send a letter of application, your curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of three current references to:
Ann Pogany, Chair
Librarian Search Committee
300 Kresge Library
Rochester, Michigan 48309-4484
FAX number (248)370-2474
Review of applications will begin on February 15, 2008 and will continue until the position is filled.
Oakland University is an equal opportunity employer.