The Evergreen State Colleges seeks applicants for a new administrative position which will manage the operational and service side of the library within an alternative interdisciplinary liberal arts environment. In the immediate future, this position will manage transition to an Ex Libris integrated library system shared by the Orbis-Cascade Alliance of Pacific Northwest academic libraries. The new system will require reconfigured work flows and staffing in the areas managed by this position.
Longer term, the Associate Dean provides general oversight of circulation, interlibrary loan, collection maintenance and management, archives, technical services, security, and building safety. This position provides personnel and budget oversight, assists the Dean and instructional team in identifying and planning strategic initiatives, maintains awareness of contemporary trends in information technology and academic librarianship, and represents the Library in library consortia and professional organizations.
The position reports to the Academic Dean of Instructional Support and Library and Media Services, along with:
- 5 library faculty (responsible for collection development and research instruction & assistance)
- Director of the Writing Center
- Director of the Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning Center
- Associate Director, Media Services
- 2 administrative support staff
- Head of Circulation.
- Head of Acquisitions.
- Head of Serials & Electronic Resources (acquisition and access).
- Head of Technical Processing
- Cataloging Librarian
- CLIO System Manager
- Library Archivist
- Expertise in managing complex library organizations, including organizational change, human resources, budgeting, planning, and policy implementation.
- In-depth knowledge and ability in academic library planning, implementation, policy development, and best practices.
- Current awareness of professional trends and best practices especially in rapidly developing aspects of information technology.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues focused more directly on the curriculum and academic mission in order to assure strong correlation between instructional practices and library operations.
- Masters in Library Science (ALA accredited) or equivalent.
- Four years recent experience managing major functions in academic libraries.
- Broad experience and expertise across a range of library services and operations.
- Substantial experience in technical services, library systems, and/or collection management.
Salary: $5,179 - $5,956 per month FT + excellent benefits including paid sick and vacation leave; paid campus holidays; a generous medical, dental, life and disability insurance package; and a tuition waver program.
Review of applications begins: 2/4/2013
All requested application materials must be submitted in order to be considered.
For details on the position requirements and application process visit: http://www.evergreen.edu/employment/staffjobs.htm