The FORD FOUNDATION is an independent, nonprofit grant-making organization. For more than 75 years it has worked with visionary people on the frontlines of social change worldwide, guided by its mission to strengthen democratic values, reduce poverty and injustice, promote international cooperation, and advance human achievement. With headquarters in New York, the foundation has ten regional offices in Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
The Records and Archives (RA) Manager is responsible for implementing and managing a Foundation-wide records management program for all departments and offices. The RA Manager ensures appropriate protection of the Foundation’s archival and vital records and facilitates preservation and ongoing access to these records. This new position will provide expertise in and lead the implementation of a formal electronic records management system within the Foundation’s SharePoint repositories. S/he will advise on all phases of the life cycle of digital content with the aim of long-term retention and access. S/he oversees the activities and operations of the Foundation’s records center, and manages the Foundation’s relationship with the Rockefeller Archive Center (RAC), which houses, preserves, and makes available for research the publicly accessible records of the Foundation. The RA Manager also supervises permanent records staff, temporary project staff, and consultants, as well as provides indirect supervision of IM staff working on special records-related projects.
- Master’s degree in information/library science, business administration, records management, or related discipline • Expertise in print and electronic records management systems and broad knowledge of information management and organizational principles
- Seven to nine years professional working experience in records, archival, or information management, preferably within a learning organization
- Experience should reflect progressively responsible programmatic and administrative roles in print and electronic records and archives management
- Demonstrated experience with SharePoint 2007 and 2010
- Experience in defining and implementing an electronic records management system
- CRM designation
SALARY & LOCATION:
Salary is based on experience and on the Foundation’s commitment to internal equity. A generous benefits package is provided. The position will be located in New York City.
To apply, please visit www.fordfoundation.org/employment to submit your cover letter, and resume.
Excellent benefits include Foundation-paid comprehensive medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, generous vacation, and tuition reimbursement.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at The Ford Foundation, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.