Albertsons Library, Boise State University, invites applications for two full-time 12-month, tenure-track Librarian and Assistant/Associate Professor positions. The Librarians will participate in outreach and research assistance as the liaisons to academic departments and provide reference and instructional services. These positions report to the Head, Information and Research Services.
· user-oriented outreach to faculty and students;
· provide extensive reference, instructional and research services for faculty and students in a technologically advanced information environment; and
· establish and maintain strong liaison program with academic departments.
· masters degree from an ALA accredited program;
· excellent communications skills, including verbal, written, virtual, and interpersonal;
· ability to build and maintain positive collaborative relationships with students, faculty, and staff;
· high degree of initiative and flexibility;
· ability to learn new technical skills quickly;
· ability to meet deadlines;
· strong service orientation; and
· demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
· degree, significant coursework, or extensive knowledge and background in business, science, or other
departmental liaison subject areas needed by the Library at the time of candidate review;
· one year of innovative instruction and teaching;
· one year experience as an academic department liaison supporting the needs of faculty, students, and staff;
· understanding of and familiarity with mobile learning technologies; and
· demonstrated ability to meet criteria for promotion and tenure.
Salary and benefits: Salary based on qualifications. Minimum $44,000 with a comprehensive benefit package. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE), 12-month, tenure-track position with faculty status and academic rank. Appointment is anticipated at the Assistant Professor rank, but candidates with additional experience may be considered for an appointment at the rank of Associate Professor.
If interested in this position: Please email your resume, letter of application, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references to Jaque Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org, Search #AA-0019-12/AA-0020-12 (email submissions preferred) or mail to:
Boise State University
Search # AA-0019-12/AA-0020-12
1910 University Dr.
Boise, ID 83725-1430
Review of submitted applications will begin May 15, 2012. Applications received after this date may be considered if the position is not filled from the initial applicant pool.
About Albertsons Library: http://library.boisestate.edu
About Boise State University: http://www.boisestate.edu/
About the City of Boise: http://www.boisechamber.org/
Boise State University is strongly committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The University actively encourages applications and nominations of women, persons of color, and members of other underrepresented groups. EEO/AA Institution, Veterans preference.