University of California, Office of the President
$55,272 - $77,328 (Minimum to Midpoint of salary range)
Req #: 20110143
Closing Date: 04/11/2011
Eager to work in digital publishing? Keen to help shape information management services? Curious about the shifting role of libraries in the brave new world of scholarly communications? This position provides an opportunity for an innovative and service-oriented individual to join dynamic team of programmers and analysts in CDL's eScholarship Publishing Group. Reporting to the Director of CDL Publishing Services, the eScholarship Repository Operations Coordinator will be responsible for day-to-day program operations through frontline provision of support services, project implementation, and coordination with eScholarship publishing service providers. In addition, the Coordinator will be responsible for service enhancement analysis in order to refine and extend eScholarship technologies and service infrastructures to meet user needs. The eScholarship Repository is a core technology that provides a publishing platform for the UC community at large.
The eScholarship Publishing Group at the California Digital Library is home to the University’s eScholarship program - a strategic publishing initiative that promotes innovation in scholarly communication by developing and supporting low-cost distribution services and new publishing models for academic publications across the UC system and beyond.
The Publishing Services Group of the California Digital Library is home to the University's eScholarship program - a strategic publishing initiative that promotes innovation in scholarly communication by developing and supporting low-cost distribution services and new publishing models for academic publications across the UC system and beyond.
Reporting to the Director of CDL Publishing Services, the eScholarship Repository Operations Coordinator is responsible for providing project management and service enhancement analysis in order to refine and extend the eScholarship technology and service infrastructure to meet user needs. In addition, the Coordinator is responsible for frontline provision of support services and coordination with eScholarship service providers. The eScholarship Repository is a core technology that provides a publishing platform for the UC community at large.
• Bachelor's degree and at least five years' experience with development or delivery of online information services in educational, publishing, library and/or research settings, including experience helping users with online information services and/or products, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated project management skills including the ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities in managing projects.
• Demonstrated ability to focus on key issues, gather and integrate information.
• Demonstrated ability to understand technical issues at a conceptual level and effectively convey and explain to information to users.
• Excellent customer relationship skills and commitment to providing high-quality services, as demonstrated by the ability to develop collaborative, productive partnerships with customers both inside and outside the department.
• Demonstrated ability to work well in teams and independently and to communicate effectively with vendors, faculty and staff at a variety of levels within the organization both orally and in written form.
• Excellent written communication skills which demonstrate the ability to draft clear, concise specifications, documentation, reports and correspondence.
• Excellent attention to detail; as demonstrated as regularly utilizing multiple sources of information to verify work.
HOW TO APPLY: For a complete job description or to apply for this position, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/184866
To review a complete list of all of UCOP's open positions please visit University of California Office of the President Employment Website: http://jobs.ucop.edu
University of California is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer.