Oregon State University Libraries invites applications for the Head of Emerging Technologies and Services (ETS). The position provides visionary leadership to an agile and innovative library. Responsibilities include managerial support for OSU Libraries’ innovative digital initiatives such as the LibraryFind metasearch application, Library à la Carte library course management system, ScholarsArchive@OSU (the 8th ranked U.S. digital repository), internationally recognized digital collections, the Oregon Explorer natural resources digital library and countless other digital initiatives.
The Emerging Technologies and Services Department supports the technology needs of the Libraries’ users and staff. The department oversees the Libraries’ technology infrastructure, including the information commons and classroom technologies, document delivery and interlibrary loan technologies, the Libraries’ web site and production technologies. ETS provides support for the Libraries’ UNIX, Linux, and Windows servers.
The position oversees seven positions. The Head of ETS interacts with other information technology departments on campus and is a member of the Libraries’ management team.
The position reports to the University Librarian and serves on the Libraries’ management team. In collaboration with the Libraries’ Gray Family Chair for Innovative Library Services, the Head of Emerging Technologies and Services has responsibility for researching and monitoring new trends in information technology and when appropriate recommending their incorporation into the Libraries’ services. As a member of the Libraries’ management team, the position advances the Libraries through the strategic planning, development, implementation and maintenance of digital library tools and services. The position ensures that the Libraries’ technology infrastructure supports the needs of the Libraries’ users and staff.
1) A Masters degree from an ALA-accredited program or an advanced degree from a computer science/information science program, as well as three or more years experience working in libraries or an academic setting.
2) Two years of supervisory experience.
3) Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
4) Demonstrated leadership skills.
5) Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collegially with a diverse population.
1) Demonstrated experience in digital library technology development and implementation.
2) Proven ability to plan and implement information technology services within a library setting.
Minimum salary for this position is $60,000. For more information, and to apply for the position, go to http://oregonstate.edu/jobs/. The posting number is 0003652.. For full consideration, apply by January 31, 2009.