The University of Mississippi Libraries seeks a creative and dynamic Education Reference Librarian to join a department delivering user-centered reference services to the university community.
Under the direction of the Head of Outreach and Information Services, the successful candidate will:
- Provide in-person and virtual reference services at a general reference desk, some evening hours required.
- Provide instruction, including web content and online tutorials, for the School of Education and other departments as assigned.
- Provide liaison and collection development for the School of Education and other departments as assigned.
- Participate in a general library instruction program supporting composition and Freshmen Seminar courses
- Participate in library committees as assigned.
Qualifications: ALA accredited master's degree by date of employment; degree in a social science discipline, knowledge of or experience with educational research sources; excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills; knowledge of or course-work in reference methods and/or resources; strong knowledge of emerging technologies, and the ability to apply these technologies to a diverse range of library applications.
The position is a 12-month, tenure-track faculty appointment reporting to the Head of Outreach and Information Services, position available January 1, 2009. Minimum annual salary is $38,000.
Apply online at http://jobs.olemiss.edu/. Applicants must include a letter of application, vita, and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three current professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Mississippi is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Section504/ADA/ADEA employer.
The University of Mississippi is located in historic Oxford, a thriving community offering a wide range of literary, musical and cultural activities. For more information about the University and the community, please visit http://www.olemiss.edu/community/index.html