The University of Mississippi Libraries seeks a creative and dynamic Business Librarian to join a reference department delivering user-centered services to the School of Business Administration as well as to the general university community.
Under the direction of the Head of Information, Outreach and Delivery Services, the successful candidate will:
- Provide instruction, including web content and online tutorials; provide liaison and collection development services for the School of Business Administration ,
- Develop personalized reference / instruction services to the School of Business Administration,
- Provide in-person and virtual reference services at a general reference desk, some evening hours required,
- Participate in a general library instruction program supporting composition and Freshmen Seminar courses,
- Join in library outreach and other innovative initiatives.
Qualifications: ALA accredited master's degree by date of employment; experience with or course-work on business reference sources, excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills; knowledge of or course-work in reference methods and/or resources, strong knowledge of emerging technologies, and the ability to apply these technologies to a diverse range of library applications.
The position is a 12-month, tenure-track faculty appointment reporting to the Head of Information, Outreach, and Delivery Services, position available June 1, 2008. Minimum annual salary is $38,000.
Apply online at http://jobs.olemiss.edu/. Applicants must include a letter of application, vita, and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three current professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Mississippi is located in historic Oxford, a thriving community offering a wide range of literary, musical and cultural activities. For more information about the University and the community, please visit http://www.olemiss.edu/community/index.html.