Provide leadership in library operations and development to support instruction and learning for the College. Direct the daily activities of the ECC library faculty and support staff; manage the daily operations of the library; establish and maintain library department budget; provide planning for the library collection; evaluate services and library instruction, infrastructures and programming.
- Master's degree (MA) or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Solid understanding of academic library services, including policies and procedures, collection development, and copyright law.
- Knowledge and experience of contract governance and implementation.
- Solid budgetary development and management experience.
- A solid working knowledge of library-related information technology, including online catalog administration, web development, state and local network infrastructure administration, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with strong grant writing focus.
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.