· A master’s degree in library/information science from an ALA-accredited program
· A minimum of two years of teaching experience, preferably in a college library.
· A minimum of two years of recent academic reference experience.
· A commitment to the goals of information literacy, a genuine enthusiasm for teaching, and demonstrated teaching ability.
· The ability to design and manage responsive reference services in an information commons environment.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills. A “people person,” able to establish a quick rapport with students and faculty.
· Familiarity with emerging technologies and trends in higher education.
· Commitment to continuous improvement, best practices, and innovation in library services.
· Flexibility in covering reference desk and instruction schedules.
· Ability to meet performance guidelines established for library faculty.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively with librarians and support staff.
· Experience in coordinating library instruction programs.
· Experience in integrating information literacy into a general education program.
· Experience in assessing information literacy learning outcomes.
· Library liaison experience.
· Experience in creating or maintaining web site content.
This is a 12-month, tenure-track position. Strong benefits package including four weeks vacation and tuition benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
Curtin Memorial Library at Mount Saint Mary College
Curtin Memorial Library is a learning-centered organization of five librarians and eight support staff whose focus is connecting students and faculty with information and ideas. Teaching and personal service are central to the library mission. Mount Saint Mary College is an independent, co-educational, comprehensive liberal arts institution located in the scenic Hudson River Valley, about 60 miles north of New York City. The college enrolls approximately 2,600 full- and part-time undergraduate and graduate students. Mount Saint Mary College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to a diverse campus community.
Submit a letter of application, a resume or curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information for at least three professional references, along with the following:
- A brief description of the information literacy sessions taught over the past two years
- A few samples of instructional materials prepared (e.g., hand-outs, assignments, user guides, web pages, etc.)
- Sample assessments of instruction or reference (if available)
Send these materials to:
Barbara Whitney Petruzzelli
Curtin Memorial Library
Mount Saint Mary College
330 Powell Avenue
Newburgh, NY 12550
Review begins immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Candidates selected for an on-campus interview will be expected to make a 15-minute presentation to the search committee and library staff members on a research database, another electronic research tool, or an information literacy concept.