- Manages the fiscal administration of the Library including preparation of the annual budget, establishment and maintenance of appropriate budgetary procedures. Works with Library staff to prepare departmental budgets.
- Provides leadership to plan, implement, and evaluate University-wide Library services appropriate for an academic library.
- Hires, supervises and evaluates Library faculty and staff.
- Develops collaborative relationships with academic departments, Information Technology Services and library consortia.
- Ensures compliance with academic and accreditation standards.
- Promotes University-wide information fluency standards and efficient use of Library learning resources.
- Supervises and provides support to Library departments for maintaining quality services, strong collections and programs.
- Actively advocates for the needs of the Library and promotes its services to the University community and beyond. Oversees preparation of proposals and applications for external funding.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities related to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the position.
Qualifications: Master’s degree from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited Master of Library Science program (MLS) or equivalent plus six years of experience in academic library administration required. Demonstrated ability to formulate and implement library services policies and procedures, manage complex budgets and supervise faculty and staff required. Demonstrated knowledge of technological applications and trends in university libraries required. Credentials and/or experience substantially comparable to the above may also be considered.
Please send letter of application, resume, and names and contact information for three references to Courtney McDavid (email@example.com), CCSU, 1615 Stanley Street, New Britain, CT 06050. Questions should be directed to Dr. Robert Wolff, co-chair of the search committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 832-2807. Applications received by November 1, 2008 will receive priority consideration. The position will remain open until filled.
CCSU aggressively pursues a program of equal employment and educational opportunity and affirmative action. Members of all underrepresented groups, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are invited and encouraged to apply.