This position reports directly to the Director of Libraries and is a member of the Libraries’ Leadership Team which, along with the Director, provides vision in moving the Libraries forward to best serve the research and scholarship needs of our students and faculty.
The successful candidate will also work to support faculty and students in interdisciplinary programs specifically and in the social sciences more broadly, providing information literacy and research instruction, individual consultations, assistance in development of programming for a new center for teaching and learning, and assistance in collection development.
Preferred start date is July 1, 2014.
Applicants should address their materials to the chair of the Search Committee, Director of Libraries Clem Guthro, and send the following electronically in PDF format to Stephanie Frost (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- A cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- A statement of teaching philosophy
- Graduate transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- An ALA-accredited master’s degree or international equivalent
- Evidence of successful progressively responsible administrative experience in an academic library
- Evidence of a commitment to information literacy and library instruction
- Flexibility, creativity, energy, and ability to work in a changing environment, and to work collaboratively as a leader of a goal-oriented team
- Evidence of excellent communication and analytical skills
- Experience with group leadership styles, team dynamics, and/or consensus communication methods
- Demonstrated competence in the social sciences or interdisciplinary studies, including collection development
- Knowledge of and interest in exploring emerging technologies to advance and improve research and instruction services
- Experience with Excel statistics and other analytical tools
Colby College is committed to equality and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage inquiries from candidates who will contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our college. Colby College does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, or age in employment or in our educational programs. For more information about the College, please visit our website: www.colby.edu