- A master’s degree from an American Library Association accredited program
- Excellent written, interpersonal, communication, analytical and project management skills
- Knowledge of current trends and issues in special collections, archives, conservation and preservation
- Knowledge of technological applications in digital library development as related to special collections and archives such as automated archival collection management systems, imaging, database management, and Web applications publishing
- Progressively responsible experience in library special collections or archives
- Experience with arranging and describing archival collections and applying archival processing standards
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with digital library development in the context of special collections and archives
- Experience with standards based on non-MARC metadata schemas such as Dublin Core, MODS, METS, EAD, and other library and archival description and content standards
- Experience with working with donors
- Experience with collection development
- Experience with providing library service
- Excellent presentation/instruction skills
CONTACT: Send a letter of application, resume, and the names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three professional references to: Nicole Justice, Search Committee for Special Collections Librarian and University Archivist, Perry Library, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA 23529-0256 email@example.com, (757) 683-4141.
Old Dominion University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and requires compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.