If you previously applied for this position during the posting period, July 19, 2013 – July 26, 2013, you do not need to apply again. Your application will be considered for this position.
- Supervises employees working in his/her area.
- Schedules work hours to ensure that all public areas are covered.
- Evaluates employees, counsels with and disciplines employees as needed, and approves leave requests.
- Performs the more difficult or complex professional work in his/her area.
- Develops and maintains library materials collections.
- Provides Reference and Reader's Advisory service to the public.
- Assists the public with the use of library materials and equipment.
- Receives and attempts to resolve complaints from the public.
- Performs administrative duties, writes reports, and performs statistical analyses.
- Plans and organizes programs or activities.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Promotes programs and services of the library in the community.
- Keeps abreast of new trends in Library and Information Science.
- Adheres to library Customer Service Guidelines.
Master's Degree in Library Science from an accredited college or university and four (4) years of professional library experience, including two (2) years acting in a lead or supervisory capacity. The Library Science program must also be accredited by the American Library Association or the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Valid "Class D" Driver's License
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of library service, library resources and collections.
- Strong public relations and customer service skills.
- Ability to train, evaluate, and supervise employees.
- Strong leadership abilities.
Fill in complete work history, do not attach resume in lieu of requested information.
To view entire job announcement, go to: http://www.nashville.gov