The research enterprise within Drexel University's College of Nursing & Health Professions is experiencing tremendous growth along with enrollment in the College's graduate programs. The Librarian for Nursing Research will develop and implement an integrated program of consulting, instruction and other interventions to support the expanding research programs of faculty and graduate students.
In addition, the Librarian for Nursing Research will participate in the work of the Health Sciences Partnerships group to provide instruction and reference services, and will participate in collection development for the disciplines within nursing and the health professions. The Librarian for Nursing Research will report to the Associate Director for Health Sciences Partnerships.
- ALA-accredited master's degree or equivalent in library or information science
- Degree or demonstrated scholarship or work-experience in nursing or a health-related field or profession
- Minimum three-years academic library experience, including research experience
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, plan, coordinate, and implement complex projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills that enable communication of issues of research process & theory to a diverse community
- Additional masters' degree in a health sciences related discipline
- Demonstrated experience with Institutional Review Board (IRB) process
- Demonstrated participation in health sciences research within an academic setting
- Design and implement a program of research consulting and support programs for the faculty in nursing and health professions
- Participate in provision of reference services to health sciences students and faculty in-person and electronically
- Participate in development and delivery of instruction to students in health sciences disciplines
- Assist the Associate Director for Health Science Partnerships in collection development and management of health sciences resources
- The Librarian for Nursing Research will be a member of the Libraries Liaison Program, a dynamic and collaborative program of librarians who act as communications conduits between the University Libraries and academic programs within their discipline.
- The Libraries professional staff is expected to contribute to the ongoing operations of the Libraries through participation in divisional planning and decision-making, and in implementation of library policies and to participate in university activities and initiatives. Librarians are expected to contribute to the profession through professional memberships, participation in professional development activities, research and publication. Regular reporting of activities and appropriate statistics are required.
Drexel University offers an attractive benefits package including tuition remission, a generous retirement package with matching funds (up to 11 percent) and an opportunity to join a talented team of professionals directly helping the University achieve its record growth and quality reputation.
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
To apply for this position, please apply online at: www.drexeljobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=77030 or visit www.drexeljobs.com and search for Librarian for Nursing Research. The requisition number is 5291.
For more information about Drexel University, please visit www.drexel.edu.