The Associate Director, Research Engagement & Health Sciences Partnerships develops and implements a program of research support for the University's faculty and graduate students and leads the Libraries' partnership program in health sciences.
The Libraries' program of Research Engagement will enhance and strengthen the University's research activities through partnerships between librarians and researchers to discover, manage, analyze, and use information and avenues of scholarly communication. The Associate Director will develop and lead libraries staff in building the program of Research Engagement.
The Health Sciences Partnership program builds and maintains relationships and partnerships with key faculty and staff of the Drexel College of Medicine, the College of Nursing & Health Professions, and the School of Public Health. The Associate Director leads a group of health sciences liaison librarians to embed information literacy and skill development into the curricula of health sciences and provide reference and research consulting. The Associate Director is the primary selector and collections manager for the health sciences resources.
- Required qualifications:
- M.S. in Library or Information Sciences from an ALA-accredited program
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in a medical or health sciences library
- Minimum of three years administrative and supervisory experience
- Demonstrated participation in science or health sciences research in an academic setting
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of sources and procedures relevant to health sciences reference and research; familiarity with evidence-based approaches
- Experience with procedures and techniques in the selection of materials in support of health sciences research, education, and patient care
Undergraduate degree and/or additional masters' degree in a STEM related discipline
Experience working in a collaborative matrixed organization
- Development and management of the program of Research Engagement
- Management of the Health Sciences Partnership program
- Supervision of librarians with subject expertise in the health sciences;
- Participation in the planning, organizing and managing of Libraries' programs of liaison, instruction and collections;
- Collaboration with health sciences key constituents and Libraries' staff to represent Libraries across the University community;
- Represent Libraries in affiliated professional associations that support medical and health sciences education; such AASHL
- Participation in budget development and management;
- Participation in Libraries' managerial leadership to evaluate/coordinate cross-functional activities;
- Contribute to the profession through presentations, publications and/or personal involvement in professional associations.
Supplemental Posting Information:
The Associate Director reports to the Director of Library Academic Partnerships; a division that enables students to explore and develop superior levels of competency in the Drexel Student Learning Priorities (DSLP); identifies authoritative information resources for the university community; coaches and guides community members to resources; and facilitates faculty and student research and scholarship.
Drexel University offers an attractive benefits package including tuition remission, a generous retirement package with matching funds (up to 11 percent) and an opportunity to join a talented team of professionals directly helping the University achieve its record growth and quality reputation.
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
To apply for this position, please apply online at: www.drexeljobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=77059 or visit www.drexeljobs.com and search for Associate Director, Research Engagement & Health Sciences Partnerships. The requisition number is 5303.
For more information about Drexel University, please visit www.drexel.edu.