Full-Time – Multiple Positions
Branches to be determined
Baltimore County Public Library is dedicated to providing innovative and quality services to our diverse communities. We do this by creating welcoming spaces, offering excellent resources, promoting early childhood literacy and encouraging a lifelong love of reading. In 2011, we circulated over 10.5 million items and exceeded 957,000 PC uses. We are seeking candidates for full-time Librarian I/II positions to join our talented staff.
- Assist customers in finding answers to a broad range of questions through use of print and electronic resources
- Guide customers in selecting appropriate materials for reading/viewing/listening either for personal pleasure or professional development
- Develop and maintain a portion of the Library’s collection
- Plan and present Library-related programs and outreach services
- Understand and apply technological skills and use online tools to improve efficiency and assist customers
- Serve on teams and committees within the branch and system-wide
- Serve as Librarian in Charge by handling customer complaints, faciliting issues, and opening and closing duties
- Maintain professional growth and development through a variety of continuing educational resources
- Commitment to customer service and the ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
- Librarian I: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
- Librarian II: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and successful completion of LATI or MLS from an ALA accredited school
- Knowledge of Library organization and operation
- Knowledge of print, electronic and online information resources
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with customers, community groups and co-workers
- Ability to plan, organize and present a variety of activities and presentations
- Ability to demonstrate written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the system, work a variety of schedules that include evenings and weekends and accept system-wide transfers
- Post offer drug screen and physical
We offer an excellent benefit package that includes 4 weeks of vacation and other paid leave, a variety of subsidized health care options, pension benefits and other valuable individual options. Annualized Salary: Librarian I: $34,810-$46,639, Librarian II: $36,517.00-$48,952.00, commensurate with experience.
Go to www.bcpl.jobs and follow the directions to complete an application. Email your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Only applications and resumes sent by email will be accepted. Clearly indicate the job title: Librarian I/II on your application and in the subject line of your email.
Applications must be received no later than November 5, 2012.