Marquette University Raynor Memorial Libraries seeks a Research and Instructional Services Librarian. The successful candidate will provide general and specialized reference assistance and will participate in library instruction, collection management, and other liaison services for the Department of English, including coordination of freshman English library sessions. This position reports to the Head of Research and Instructional Services.
- Provide a variety of user-centered services for faculty and students including orientation to library resources, library instruction, and research support.
- Engage in collaborations with faculty to integrate information literacy into the curriculum.
- Collaborate with English Faculty, Library Faculty, and an Instructional Designer to develop online learning objects to support freshman English courses.
- Provide reference service at the library’s Information Desk.
- Engage in collection management duties for English.
- Contribute to and learn from the profession through such avenues as local, state, and national professional organizations, presentations, and publications
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- MLS from an ALA accredited Institution
- Knowledge of current trends and methodologies in humanities research and scholarly communication
- Experience creating web-based instructional and informational materials
- Ability to use educational technology effectively and to adapt to technological and organizational change
- Experience providing instruction or training
- Experience with assessment tools and techniques
- Strong commitment to patron service and support
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work with colleagues in collaborative and team
- environments as well as independently
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and an ability to work with a diverse student
- body, faculty, and staff
- Commitment to professional development
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in English
- Experience developing online learning objects
- Demonstrated liaison experience in an academic library setting
- Collection management experience
Appointment at Assistant or Associate Librarian rank.
Marquette University is an independent, Catholic, Jesuit doctoral-granting institution with an enrollment of 12,000 located near downtown Milwaukee. Two adjacent and connected library buildings seat 2,150 and house a 1.7 million volume collection, 500 networked resources, and over 22,000 electronic journals. www.marquette.edu/library/
For full consideration submit application online by June 15, 2012 to the university’s application site: careers.marquette.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=53832