Department of Library Special Collections
Kentucky Library & Museum
Western Kentucky University seeks applications for the position of Kentucky Librarian at the rank of Assistant Professor. This is a tenure-track 10 month faculty position.
The Kentucky Librarian is responsible for collection management of published materials in various formats, including purchase, conservation, and inventory control. As a member of the Department of Library Special Collections faculty, the Kentucky Librarian provides reference desk coverage; bibliographic instruction; assists in formulating departmental policies and procedures; contributes to scholarly journals; supervises assistants; and serves on departmental, college, university, and professional committees. This position reports to the Director of the Kentucky Library & Museum.
• MLS from an ALA-accredited program.
• Second master’s degree in a related field, or 10 years experience in library special collections or relevant field.
• Expertise in the care and cataloguing of publications.
• Demonstrated competence in library work.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Basic knowledge of Kentucky and general United States history.
• Knowledge of Past Perfect collection management system.
• Supervisory experience.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Experience in public service.
Expected Starting Salary: $42,000 Application deadline: July 30, 2010.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, current resume, and three letters of professional recommendation to Sue Lynn McDaniel at email@example.com or through U. S. mail:
Sue Lynn McDaniel, Search Committee Chair
1906 College Heights Blvd. #11092
Western Kentucky University
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1092
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply including women, minorities, persons with disabilities and disabled veterans.
Western Kentucky University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.