About Lesley University:
Lesley University prepares women and men for lives and careers that make a difference. We offer our staff the same opportunity. Join us and make a difference!
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, life, and long-term-disability insurance. In addition, we offer generous amounts of vacation and holiday time, as well as a tuition remission policy that enables employees to expand their knowledge and skills.
For more information about Lesley University, please visit our website at www.lesley.edu.
The librarian will promote and provide research and information literacy instruction to students in classroom settings, individual consultations, and in online forums. The librarian's core constituency is Lesley’s Graduate School of Education. He or she will collaborate with faculty and colleagues to deliver services appropriate to student needs, and will manage relevant collections in all formats, including books, videos, children’s literature and teaching resources that support research in education for K-12 teachers.
- ALA-accredited MLS or MLIS.
- 2-4 years professional, post-MLS library experience.
- Experience providing library instruction using varied technologies such as chat and video conferencing.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of best practices in information literacy instruction.
- Excellence verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience collaborating with colleagues and faculty in a team environment
- Library research experience using electronic information services and tools.
- Knowledge of current issues facing K-12 educators.
- Ability to work occasionally on evenings and weekends.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, applicant screening will begin immediately, and the search will continue until the position is filled. Finalists will be asked to demonstrate their teaching ability and submit a writing sample.
Please include a cover letter, CV/ resume, and contact information for three references.
Lesley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and the curriculum. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply.
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS.
Please apply online: http://lesley.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=34433