Xavier University of Louisiana, a historically black Catholic university, seeks a dynamic leader to serve as the Director of the University Library Resource Center (LRC). The Director reports to the Office of the Senior Vice President and works strategically to ensure that the LRC provides sustained and superior services to the University community as well as its broad constituency.
As a non-tenure track faculty member, the Library Director is responsible for the strategic planning, organizing, and directing of all library services. Other responsibilities include developing annual budgets that provide continuing growth in Library collections and services; allocating budgets that ensure the acquisition of Library materials that support curricular goals; supervising and leading Library faculty and staff; planning for the growth and development of Library staffing and services; and advising the Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs on future changes and needs of the Library Resource Center.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA accredited program. Second master’s or Ph.D. degree preferred;
- Evidence of at least five years of progressively responsible experience in academic libraries, preferably at the department head level or higher;
- Evidence of significant supervisory experience of librarians and support staff;
- Evidence of professional engagement and scholarship;
- Evidence of participation in strategic planning initiatives and providing strategic direction;
- Evidence of leadership and innovation in the management of print, digital, and consortia collections;
- Evidence of analytical insight involving library collections, publishing, library technology, library consortia, and management;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a wide range of library and university colleagues; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
To apply, log in to our online system at: https://jobs.xula.edu. Attach a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and the names of three references, with the letter of application addressed to: Dr. Marguerite S. Giguette; Chair, Library Search Committee. Review of applications will begin November 1 and continue until the position is filled. EOE/AA.