The J. Murrey Atkins Library at The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is seeking a Business Librarian. The Business Librarian will represent J. Murrey Atkins Library and serve as the Information Commons Department’s subject librarian for the College of Business as well as selected academic programs in the humanities and social sciences.
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is a rapidly growing research intensive University offering over 25,000 students a variety of undergraduate, master’s and doctoral programs in seven academic colleges. UNC Charlotte’s Atkins Library is a comprehensive research library with over 42,000 serial titles and an annual budget of over $10 million.
UNC Charlotte is located in the largest city in North Carolina, a beautiful southern city of 600,000 with over 1.5 million in the greater metropolitan area, and the second largest banking center in the nation in one of the fastest growing regions in the country. Located on a 1,000 acre wooded campus, the University is accessible to the city's performing arts and cultural and sports events and to recreational lakes.
· Master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent from a program accredited by the American Library Association required
· Undergraduate degree
· Undergraduate and/or advanced degree in field or sub-field of business studies.
· One to three years of relevant library experience
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
· Serve as Atkins Library’s primary contact to the university and external communities for assigned academic programs.
· Teach library research instruction sessions to undergraduates and graduate students with interests in assigned subjects.
· Develop appropriate instructional and informational aids (e.g. LibGuides, Moodle blocks, assessments, tutorials, social media) for the university’s students, faculty, and community patrons.
· Serve as collection development liaison for assigned subjects, as well as monitor budget lines for respective acquisition of materials.
· Provide research and reference support for assigned subjects to the university’s students, faculty, and community patrons.
· Provide research, informational and selected maintenance services from Atkins Library’s Information Desk.
· Advance initiatives by Information Commons, Atkins Library and UNC Charlotte.
· Communicate effectively and positively with diverse groups of individuals.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, TRAINING/EDUCATION:
· Knowledge of research needs of a Doctoral Intensive Institution as it applies to current assignment.
· Knowledge of the structure, use, and preservation of information resources - new and existing, physical and virtual - as it applies to current assignment.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
· Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and to create an environment of mutual respect.
· Knowledge of professional and technological issues as it applies to current assignment.
· Ability to work effectively in an organization in which change is both necessary and constant.
· Work schedule may include evenings and weekends
· Reports to the Head of Research and Information Services
· Excellent benefits package
· Salary: $45,000 Minimum (competitive and dependent upon relevant experience and abilities)
ONLY ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED: https://jobs.uncc.edu/
(Search Faculty Vacancies - Position #2155)
The following Application Materials must be attached to your electronic submission:
· Cover letter,
· Names (including titles and company/institutions), addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least 3 professional references.
The Search Committee will not contact references without contacting the candidate first and verifying permission.
The review of applications will begin immediately. Apply as soon as possible for full consideration. Anticipated start date is July 1, 2012. Appointment requires successful completion of background check. Members of minority groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this position. AA/EOE
For additional information about The University of North Carolina at Charlotte, please visit our Web site: http://www.uncc.edu.
For further details about Atkins Library, please consult our web site: http://library.uncc.edu.