OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc. is a nonprofit, membership, computer library service and research organization dedicated to the public purposes of furthering access to the world's information and reducing information costs. Tens of thousands of libraries around the world use OCLC services to locate, acquire, catalog, lend and preserve library materials. We are currently seeking candidates for a Post-Doctoral Researcher position at our Corporate Headquarters in Dublin (Columbus), Ohio.
The Post-Doctoral Researcher will typically work with existing teams in OCLC Research, under the guidance and supervision of a permanent scientific staff member. However, the Post Doctoral Researcher also will be encouraged to propose new research topics and projects within the scope of his/her activities. The Post-Doctoral Researcher will be expected to maintain familiarity with the literature in the domain of expertise, to acquire and demonstrate understanding of new domains relevant to the individual’s work, and bring these skills to bear through the scholarly publication process and public presentation of research results in conferences and workshops.
Responsibilities: The Post-Doctoral Researcher will possess the ability to:
- Identify and work on problems in the dsicpline of expertise
- Develop proof-of-concept software and participation in open source software projects
- Share research outcomes either internally within OCLC or externally in the larger community
- Support the projects of the research team and corporate, division, and member goals and projects
- Prepare, present, and disseminate research findings by publishing in professional journals and orally at professional conferences and meetings
- Meet project time lines
- Assist with the development of grant proposals
- Ph.D. or Ph.D. pending in Library & Information Science, Computer Science, Informatics, Cognitive Psychology, or related discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge of research methods and ability to analyze and synthesize data
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with the preparation and editing of documents for the production and distribution of digital publications
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative data analysis software programs
- Experience with open source software development
In order to be considered for this position, you must go to the OCLC Career Center (Internet) and apply towards Job ID 1941, Post-Doctoral Researcher.
OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. OCLC maintains an ongoing commitment to equal opportunity and seeks to sustain a diverse workplace.