The J. Murrey Atkins Library at The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is seeking a Head of Research Services to lead one of two sections of the Information Commons department. Primary duties include: delivering solutions within a web-based, search-intensive discovery system; providing user-focused research and instruction services; and managing committed, accomplished individuals in an academic setting. The successful candidate will also serve as subject liaison for selected academic programs in the Humanities. For further details about Atkins Library, please consult our web site: http://library.uncc.edu.
• Lead the Research Service section in delivering solutions within a web-based, search-intensive discovery system.
• Develop, implement, and assess both in-person and web-based research and instruction services for UNC Charlotte’s students and faculty, based on student- and faculty-input as well as on curriculum-based expectations.
• Lead the section in the planning, management, and oversight of technology-equipped learning spaces, working closely with students and faculty to identify and meet their evolving needs.
• Lead collaborative efforts to adapt and integrate the section’s Web 2.0 technologies, mobile platforms, and emerging tools into the effective delivery of information and services.
• Manage the section’s 7 librarians and 3 staff.
• Serve as subject liaison for academic programs in the Humanities.
• Represent the Library and Information Commons effectively and collegially.
• Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERRED ABILITIES:
• At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in an academic or research environment.
• M.L.S. degree or its equivalent in experience, training, and practice.
• B.A. degree or its equivalent.
• Additional graduate degree(s).
• Demonstrated leadership in the effective use of scholarly information resources, social media, and emerging technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing organizational and technological environment.
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to foster collegiality.
• Faculty status. Librarians are expected to show evidence of ongoing professional development and services to the profession.
• Reports to the Associate University Librarian for Information Commons.
• Excellent benefits package.
• Salary – competitive and dependent upon relevant experience and abilities.
ONLY ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED: https://jobs.uncc.edu/
(Search Faculty Vacancies - Position #8963)
The following Application Materials must be attached to your electronic submission:
1. Your letter of interest indicating your qualifications for this position
3. Names, addresses (including titles and institutions), phone numbers, and email addresses of at least 3 professional references. The Search Committee will not contact references without contacting the candidate first and verifying permission.
This position is also posted at http://library.uncc.edu/jobs/.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to receive full consideration. Appointment requires successful completion of background check. This position is available immediately; start date is negotiable. Members of minority groups, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this position. AA/EOE
For additional information about The University of North Carolina at Charlotte, please visit our Web site: http://www.uncc.edu.