Eastern Michigan University is seeking applications for the University Librarian to serve as the chief administrator for the University Library. The selected candidate will advance and enhance student and faculty learning through visionary leadership in planning, implementing, managing, and evaluating library services, collections, systems, facilities, and budgets.
Eastern Michigan University is a comprehensive university enrolling approximately 24,000 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The Bruce T. Halle Library, located in the center of campus, features state-of-the-art facilities. The University Library faculty and staff comprise a congenial, collaborative, and highly productive unit and seek a leader who will inspire them to fulfill the Library’s vision and mission.
Successful candidates must have
• a Master’s degree in Library and Information Sciences (ALA accredited); earned doctorate and/or additional MA in a content discipline preferred;
• at least seven years of experience in the field of library/information technology including five years of experience as Assistant Director/Dean or equivalent;
• demonstrated knowledge of the professional responsibilities generally associated with faculty working in a variety of positions in a university library setting;
• demonstrated knowledge and experience in library/information services administration, program design/development, and budgeting;
• experience in recruitment, development, and evaluation of library faculty and staff.
In addition to these qualifications, preference will be given to individuals who
• hold credentials necessary to qualify for appointment at the rank of full professor in the University library and have a strong record of scholarly and professional achievements;
• possess experience working in collective bargaining environments;
• have experience writing and administering grants.
All applications must be made online at https://www.emujobs.com - Posting #APA1010E. Applications should include a letter describing their relevant qualifications and administrative experience, a detailed curriculum vitae, and the contact information for three references. The Search Committee will begin screening applications March 8, 2010; the position will remain open until filled.
Eastern Michigan University is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages women and members of minority groups to consider this opportunity.