Loyola Marymount University seeks an Outreach Librarian. This position will promote the library's services, collections, and events to LMU students, faculty and staff. Primary duties include:
• Coordinate event planning and publicity for the library and oversee its publications program.
• Serve as liaison to other campus units planning events and tours, such as new student orientation.
• Work with the library's administration and director of development on donor events.
• Chair the library programming committee.
• Develop a comprehensive plan for library marketing and promotion, including all print publications, such as brochures.
• Coordinate online publicity with the library's Web Team.
Loyola Marymount University shares in a rich intellectual heritage fostered by the Jesuit and Marymount educational traditions and founded on social justice and ethical values. Governed by an independent Board of Trustees, LMU cherishes its Catholic identity while at the same time welcoming people from diverse social, religious, and cultural backgrounds. LMU is in Los Angeles, yet near the Pacific Ocean, offering a dynamic cultural environment. LMU is one of the nation’s 28 Jesuit colleges and universities and five Marymount institutions. It serves over 5,400 undergraduates and over 2,500 graduate students in the Colleges/Schools of Liberal Arts, Science and Engineering, Business Administration, Communication and Fine Arts, Film and Television, Education, and Law. The university recently opened the William H. Hannon Library in August 2009.
We seek candidates who typically a Master's degree in library science from an A.L.A. accredited program and/or other related graduate degree. Minimum one year of professionally responsible experience in non-profit public relations, public programs, marketing, or library public service. Experience in fundraising or non-profit development preferred. Grant-writing experience preferred.
For additional details regarding this position, please visit our website. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Interested candidates must apply online at http://jobs.lmu.edu (Reference #010-199).
Equal Opportunity Employer