University of Puget Sound
Social Sciences Liaison Librarian
Collins Memorial Library (http://www.pugetsound.edu/x933.xml)
• Serve as a resource specialist for the social sciences and represent the social sciences departments within the library.
• Participate in developing and implementing public service programs and projects.
• Actively participate in course-related instruction and the information literacy program for the social sciences departments.
• Assist in the selection of social sciences related resources for the library collection and contribute to the general collection enhancement.
• Communicate information about library policies and promote library services to social sciences faculty and students.
• Develop web-based resource guides in the social sciences and contribute to the overall web presence of the library.
• Provide reference service in traditional and digital environments.
• Participate in new and on-going service-based projects involving innovative web-based technologies to enhance reference services, information literacy, collection development and outreach activities.
• Master’s in Library Science (ALA accredited) and academic training or experience in the social sciences or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience or training in teaching or instructional activities and in library reference.
• Strong interest in current and emerging information technologies and potential applications and opportunities for the library. Knowledge of web development and web technologies; demonstrated HTML application.
• Demonstrated capacity to work effectively and collegially with library staff, faculty, and students and ability to function effectively in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment.
• Excellent organizational, analytical, time management, and communication skills and demonstrated team and project leadership skills.
• An understanding and commitment to the educational objectives of the university and the ability to contribute significantly to the role of the Library in the educational process.
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit “About Puget Sound” (http://www.pugetsound.edu/x12479.xml) to learn more about the college.
• The hiring range is $42,800 - $55,414. Decisions about starting salaries will be based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
• This position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
• Generous benefits package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, education benefits, and non-contributory retirement plan.
Commitment to Diversity
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. Please view the University Diversity Statement (http://www.ups.edu/x634.xml).
Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified. Interested individuals are encouraged to submit application materials no later than July 31, 2009 to ensure consideration.
How to Apply
• To apply, submit letter of interest, resume and names of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Computer kiosks are available for your convenience at Human Resources, located at 1218 N. Lawrence St., Tacoma, WA 98406.
- Internal Candidates: In addition to complying with application procedures, please complete a transfer application form (http://www2.ups.edu/content/PDF.php?location=http://www.ups.edu/documents/TransApp.pdf&size=8KB&pdfname=Transfer Application Form).
• Applications are received and acknowledged by Human Resources and then forwarded on to departments/search committees for review and finalist identification. Applicants will receive notification by mail once the search has been concluded.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff.
For complete announcement, please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/x34554.xml