Clemson University seeks an energetic, creative, service-oriented and technologically-savvy librarian to be an integral part of the newly established Digital Initiatives and Information Technology Unit.
- ALA-accredited master's degree (or foreign equivalent as determined by ALA-recommended procedures)
- Minimum of two years of experience supporting an integrated library system in a medium to large library environment
- Minimum of one year of recent experience supervising and mentoring staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of information technology standards, protocols, issues and trends
- Experience in developing and sustaining IT projects; knowledge of web design and tools for web editing (i.e. Dreamweaver/Photoshop)
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication (oral and written) skills
- Demonstrated understanding of MARC and related XML standards
- Experience with Innovative Interfaces' Millennium system
- Two years of recent management experience in an IT environment
- Experience working with consortia, campus IT or other large IT organization
- Experience working with UNIX, Linux and Windows servers
- Knowledge of one or more scripting or programming languages
- Experience working with relational databases
- Knowledge of FRBR- Previous experience in an academic library setting
Salary: Minimum $50,000; rank and competitive salary based on the successful candidate's qualifications and experience. For more information, see http://www.lib.clemson.edu/syslib.
Application process: Submit a letter of interest directly addressing the requirements for the position, your résumé, and names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references to: Gordon Cochrane, Chair, Systems Librarian Search Committee, RM Cooper Library, Box 343001, Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634-3001. Phone (864) 656-1535, Fax (864) 656-0758.
This information may also be submitted electronically as a single attachment in Word, PDF, or RTF format to email@example.com. Applications postmarked by June 15th, 2008 will be given first consideration. Candidates invited for on-site interviews will give a 20-minute presentation to library faculty and staff.
Clemson University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.